It has been over a year since the release of Scam 1992: The Harshad Mehta Story on Sony Liv, but it still remains etched in our memories. The webseries, armed with compelling storyline, impeccable acting, and stupendous background score, gave us an insight into the life of trader and stockbroker – Harshad Mehta. Some even called it the ‘Desi Version of Wolf of Wall Street’ and that says a lot.
Ask anyone who has watched the series about their favorite part and chances are that they would say “dialogues.” With that in mind, we thought of bringing you some of the best Harshad Mehta quotes to help you revisit the spectacular series one more time in your mind. So, without taking any more of your time, let us check out the best dialogues from Scam 1992.
Harshad Mehta Quotes from Scam 1992
1. “Dekho mein Cigarette nahi pita per jeb me lighter jarur rakhta hoon Dhamakka karne ke liye.”
2. ”Gujarati ke liye dhanda dharam se bhi bada hota hai.”
3. ”Market me Sabse bada jokhim, jokhim na lene mein hai.”
Harshad Mehta may not have been a role model but he wasn’t wrong about everything. Many would agree with him that the biggest risk in the stock market lies in not taking a risk in the market.
4. ”Profit Dikhta hai to Koi bhi Jhukta hai.”
5. ”Share market itna gehra kuan hai jo pure desh ke paise ki pyas bhujha sakta hai.”
6. ”Lala Old school ho ya new school, sabke school me ek subject common hota hai, Profit! aur wo mera favorite subject hai.”
Read more: Underrated Bollywood Movies to Watch in 2022
7. “Emotion mein insaan hamesha galti karta hai.”
Remember this Harshad Mehta quote the next time you feel like losing your nerves.
8. ”Agar meri poonch me aag lagayenge na, to Lanka to unki bhi jalegi.”
9. “Abhi apne pass kharch karne ko sirf time hi to hai, nahi to sahi time ka wait karne me khud kharch ho jayenge.”
10. ”Risk hai to Ishq hai.”
11. “Ab meri tarah risk se ishq hai to kood pado, ya to duboge ya udoge.”
12. ”Locha lafda aur Jalebi fafda, ise gujarati ki life se koi nikaal nahi sakta.”
13. ”Share market me log kismat mein vishwaas rakhte hain, par main kismat mein nahi keemat mein vishwas rakhta hoon.”
14. ”Free me to main mere baap ko bhi tip nahi deta.”
15. ”Harshad ke dhandhe ki dhar par bharosa rakh, achhe achho ki kat jati hai iske samne.”
He was an undeniable force in the Indian stock market in the 1980s and 1990s, and anyone who invested or traded during the time would agree.
16. ”Ek baat yaad rakhna ye America ka wall street nahi hai, Bombay ka dalaal street hai, aur ye satta bazar, yahan par bear niche mare ya bull upar, jab lagti hai to aadmi zameen par hi girta hai.”
17. ”Pranav bhai mujhe papad belna hi nahi hai, seedha tal ke khana hai wo bhi kanda tamatar ke sath.”
Read more: Best Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan Songs
18. ”Sabke dimag me ye baat baith jani chahiye ke mehta ka raajma, market maja maa.”
19. ”Ye market ka masala na char cheezo se banta hai, Pehla Tip, khabar insider trading, research, usme thoda risk mila, ab risk jitna zyada, market ka masala utna hi teekha.”
20. “Aapko pata hai mera sabse bada crime kya hai? Ke main ‘Harshad Mehta hoon’.”
Did you enjoy our Harshad Mehta quotes? Now let us take a look at some amazing facts about Scam 1992 and take the fun quotient a notch higher?
Facts about Scam 1992: The Harshad Mehta Story
- The webseries is based on the 1992 book – The Scam: Who Won, Who Lost, Who Got Away – by Sucheta Dalal and Debashis Basu. If you are a bookworm, you might want to check it out.
- With an IMDb rating of 9.5, it is one of the highest rated Indian TV and web series of all time.
- The series’ director, Hansal Mehta, is currently working on the second installment in the franchise, ‘Scam 2003,’ which will be based on the 2003 Stamp Paper Scam.
- It is believed that Pratik Gandhi who plays the protagonist gained about 18 kilos to play the character of Harshad Mehta.
- Scam 1992 was a massive hit at Filmfare OTT awards, winning a total of 12 awards, including Best Drama Series, Best Director, Best Actor (Male), and of course, Best Dialogues.